Saturday, September 6, 2008

A House Divided - AU vs USM!!





Auburn (my alma mater) and Southern Mississippi (Rich's alma mater) played each other in football today for the first time since before we met!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, Rich couldn't be with us; but the kids and I (and four neighborhood recruits) enjoyed the game from home despite Tropical Storm Hannah! The kids struggled to decided who they were cheering for. In our house, we've always taught the kids that "Go Eagles" is the preferred chant because it works for Golden Eagles and War Eagles! However, today choices had to be made. Our loyal kids couldn't decide so they mixed and matched outfits and face paint! (After all these years of cheering on Southern, I even had to show some support too!) Last week I told my nephew, Jake, to have fun painting up for the game and relayed to him that I had always wanted to paint my face half orange and half blue when I was in college. After that conversation I decided that I should go for it!

4 comments:

Rachel Ogea said...

What fun! Wish we could have been there (and Rich too!). Looks like we missed a great time!
Love and miss you,
The Ogea's

Kate said...

I love your blog, Becky! Please call me when you guys are in town; I'd love to get the girls together! Take care--

Big Will said...

Dude, too cool wish I was there i had drill. Penn and Pash stayed home and played. I watched the game from the computor. Miss and love yall.

MeredithTeasley said...

Becky -- i LOVE the blog... and these pics are great! I remembered you telling me about them but it was great to see the painted faces for myself! :)